Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership (DRGO), now a project of the Second Amendment Foundation, has been defending gun owners’ rights and the scientific truth about guns for over 20 years. Now we are starting a membership drive inviting physicians to join us. We also welcome members and students of all other health professions, scientists, and other supporters of gun owners’ rights.
Please go to the sign-up page on our website HERE to become a member of the only medical professionals’ group dedicated to exposing the falsehood that gun violence is a public health issue.
Here are just a few of DRGO’s accomplishments bringing the truth about guns and gun owners to the public debate:
· Multiple appearances in national media including National Public Radio (NPR), NRA News, CBS This Morning, Fox News, and CBS News 60 Minutes—and many appearances on local TV and radio stations around the country
· Dozens of published opinion articles addressing public health-related aspects of gun ownership, placed in National Review, the Washington Times, the Miami Herald, and many others
· A completely redesigned and updated website www.drgo.us with archived articles and references valuable for use by our members in their own debates with medical gun grabbers. We have fresh blog commentary twice a week with new writing talent.
· In-person presentations to American Medical Association (AMA) leadership about the inappropriateness of physicians requiring patients to reveal gun ownership and about the societal benefits of responsible gun ownership
· Testimony before the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee about gun control legislation and before the U.S. House Appropriations Committee about defunding the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) notorious abuse of taxpayers’ money to advance a political agenda of gun control.
We haven’t heard the last of the whining about that last one! As recently as a few months ago, Obama administration officials and their allies in the mainstream media complained bitterly that the “gun lobby” shut down all gun research back in the 1990s. We know that’s not true, by the way.
We at DRGO are excited that our project has grown so fast this year, and we want you to be part of it. Member support guarantees DRGO’s success. Go to our SIGN-UP PAGE NOW and be part of it all! We look forward to working for you and with you.
Timothy Wheeler, MD
Arthur Przebinda, MD
Social Media Editor
Robert Young, MD
John Edeen, MD